Going all natural can simply be a personal preference but it also plays a huge role in our health and preventative care.
The skin is our largest organ and we want to do all that we can to protect it. Besides, it has its own responsibility to protect us! We encourage DIY at home recipes and using fresh ingredients for home treatments but sometimes, it just doesn't work out well with a busy lifestyle. That is where we come in! Let our experience in making all natural products make it convenient for you and empower you to live a healthier lifestyle.
Our pores can absorb most anything that it comes into contact with and of whatever we put on them within just a few minutes. Studies have shown that even a short break from the synthetic chemicals used widely in store-bought products, can quickly reduce levels of hormone-disrupting chemicals in the body.
We feel that in our day to day lives, there are just some instances that we cannot control. The air, synthetic materials, soaps in public restrooms, residues from cleaners on your office desk...these cannot be helped. BUT...you can control most of your diet, your personal products at home, home cleaners and so much more. Going all natural, with your deodorant or moisturizer may indeed be able to help you stay healthier, sleep better, improve your mood and energy.
Bragging rights for "Natural Living" takes time. We encourage baby steps and to gradually replace your traditional store bought products with something fun and clean! After all, most of the commercial products, from beauty creams to supplements had originally come from the earth and plants. Unfortunately, it went from healthy to harmful with mass production, preservatives, chemicals, and synthetics.
We want to bring healthy back!
Here are some tips!
1) Read and understand your product labels when purchasing from stores.
2) Research or speak with the company or brand.
3) Understand key ingredients and their benefits.
4) Know your "dirty" words (Parabens, Sodium Laurel Sulfate, EDTA, etc.)
5) Less is best with the list of ingredients.
6) Read the "Back", not the front of the label.
7) Don't be fooled by "fake" mother nature.
8) Seek out friends and family that can recommend a natural product that they already use and are pleased with.
9) Handmade isn't always "healthy" and craft paper packaging doesn't always make it "all natural". Buyer beware of creative marketing gimmicks.
10) Be wary of clever marketing, appealing packaging and key wording that catch your eye.
We are a full disclosure company and we encourage you to follow us on Facebook to actually see the makings of our products, our wild crafting and we even post about our personal All Natural Living lifestyle. www.facebook.com/OakwoodNaturalLiving
Thank you for caring and good luck!